Friday, April 10, 2009

The Legend of Cargo Culte

This blog really has no direction, aim, or purpose. I created it to coincide with my Blip.fm account, allowing my fellow blippers to get to know a little more about me. After some thought, I’ve decided that I’ll use this platform to promote some of my favorite artist and albums. I have an endless list of albums and artist I like, love, or obsess over.

I thought I’d start off with the LP I’m stole my user name from. Cargo Culte is a track off of Serge Gainsbourg’s LP Histoire De Melody Nelson. Most of the songs are sung in a raspy loud whisper. This concept album is based on a “Lolita-esque pseudo-autobiographical story, where the middle-aged Gainsbourg unintentionally colliding his Rolls Royce Silver Ghost into teenage nymphet Melody Nelson's bicycle, and the subsequent seduction and romance that ensues.” Basically Serge sings dirty and inappropriate things in French. The album itself has a slow funk sound, with some drawn out blue-esque guitar. I highly recommend the album be accompanied with some low lights and at least a half a bottle of wine running through your system.






Serge Gainsbourg - Cargo Culte

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good to see you on here, CargoCulte

cheers
@Atomik