Thursday, February 12, 2009

Not So-Close Encounters

It has been sometime since my last update. Embarrassingly enough, I have nothing to brag about. Life is just like you'd expect it, boring. Work, and all the things you do in the evening to prepare for another day of work.

I did manage to read Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis. This is not the musician Warren Ellis, that started the Dirty Three with Jim White and Mick Turner, and Grinderman with Nick Cave. No, this is the extraordinary graphic novelist responsible for such titles as Transmetropolitan and Planetary. Crooked Little Vein was a very entertaining read, and introduced me to the concept of Godzilla bukkake (don't ask!). It's one of the more offbeat novels I've read in a while. I'm following Crooked Little Vein up with Black Flies, by Shannon Burke, which has the potential to keep my off beat travels going.

Being the music junkie I am, I can't end this entry without blabbing about what it is I'm listening to. Tonight, I've been in a blues mood. Now the blues can mean many things, and can mean something different to everyone. For me, it has meant some tunes by "The Lion of the Blues," aka Bobby Blue Bland. Bland has a voice that could and will knock one on their ass. If you don't believe me, check it out for yourself!

Bobby "Blue" Bland - I Lost Sight Of The World




No comments: